- Spotify VP of customer experience Sten Garmark wants to alter how people listen to and produce podcasts.
- Stockholm-based Spotify has made huge strategic bets on podcasting over the past 18 months by obtaining major publishers and networks like Gimlet and The Ringer and signing exclusive deals with developers such as Joe Rogan and Michelle Obama.
- Garmark stated at Service Expert’s Global Patterns festival on October 22 that his team had been presenting new podcast-focused features like the ability to survey listeners within podcasts, reveals that mix talk and music, and video podcasts.
- Garmark likewise discussed some of the brand-new experiences Spotify has introduced given that the pandemic in response to the ways users’ lives are moving, like group listening sessions.
- Visit Business Expert’s homepage for more stories
Garmark, as Spotify’s vice president of consumer experience, leads the groups tasked with developing out the community for both those creators and listeners.
He said at Company Insider’s Worldwide Trends festival on October 22 that Spotify was looking to add new features to improve the podcast experience, like the capability to survey listeners within podcasts, and the video podcasts utilized by talent like Rogan (who filmed his podcasts even before signing up with Spotify).
Where Apple separated podcasts and music in two streaming apps, Garmark’s group at Spotify has actually been trying to intertwine them.
Garmark said Spotify could see on a map how COVID-19 and lockdowns were affecting individuals’s everyday lives
Garmark is likewise accountable for the look and feel of Spotify throughout every gadget, from CarPlay in your automobile to the Alexa wise speaker in your kitchen area.
Game consoles have been a continuous area of investment for Spotify, which is integrated into games on devices consisting of PlayStation and Xbox.
Spotify likewise fast-tracked brand-new functions in response to users’ moving realities during the pandemic.