- Twitter will hand over the main @POTUS account to President-elect Joe Biden when he’s sworn in on Inauguration Day, the company said on Friday.
- The social networks company prepares to do the same for other Twitter deals with connected to the presidency, consisting of @FLOTUS, @VP, and @whitehouse accounts.
- This relocation won’t affect President Trump too much as he’s been mostly tweeting from his personal account @realDonaldTrump.
- However, his personal account might be a lot more extremely regulated after he leaves the White House.
- Check out Organization Expert’s homepage for more stories
President-elect Joe Biden will be handed over the main @POTUS account when he’s sworn in on Inauguration Day, Twitter said in a declaration on Friday.
” Twitter is actively preparing to support the shift of White House institutional Twitter accounts on January 20 th, 2021,” a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement, according to The Verge.
This procedure was the same in 2016 when President Barack Obama handed over the account to Trump. Obama’s @POTUS archive can be found here
In the last 4 years, Trump has largely been using his individual account– @realDonaldTrump— for most of his tweeting.
Nevertheless, his personal Twitter account could be much more highly regulated, and he might even face suspension or elimination, according to Twitter’s policies.
In the last couple of weeks, Twitter has been issuing “deceptive” and “contested” labels on several of Trump’s tweets about the election being stolen.
On Tuesday, Twitter added a new label that reads “Official sources called this election differently,” after Trump wrongly declared he won the presidential election.
In Between Monday and Friday, the label has actually been applied to five of the President’s tweets.
- Find Out More:
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google are uniting to stop vaccine false information from spreading online
- Twitter slows the rollout of its vanishing message function, Fleets, amidst tech issues and personal privacy issues
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey ‘need to be fired,’ according to NYU teacher Scott Galloway
- ‘ Thank you Elizabeth, LOVE!’: Trump thanks parody Twitter account he thought was his sibling