Uk News today – Up to date News, NHS, Health, Sport, Science

For the very latest UK news, with sport, health, science, covid

Firefighters deal with blaze in Oxford began with cooking left on hob

Firefighters deal with blaze in Oxford began with cooking left on hob
Firefighters tackle house blaze started from cooking abandoned on hob FIREFIGHTERS raced to a kitchen blaze in Oxford yesterday afternoon after residents abandoned their cooking on the kitchen hob. Two fire engines from Rewley Road station were sent to a terrace property on St Mary’s Road at 2.17pm. When the crew arrived the smoke was…

Firefighters tackle house blaze started from cooking abandoned on hob

Firefighters take on house blaze began with cooking abandoned on hob

FIREFIGHTERS raced to a kitchen blaze in Oxford yesterday afternoon after residents deserted their cooking on the kitchen hob.

2 fire truck from Rewley Roadway station were sent out to a balcony property on St Mary’s Roadway at 2.17 pm.

When the crew showed up the smoke was coming from the windows on the ground and very first flooring of the property.

ALSO READ: David Beckham poses with fan throughout Halloween shopping journey

Firemens discovered the fire in the kitchen and rapidly extinguished the flames utilizing high pressure hose reels.

Frightening photos from the scene of the incident reveal the charred kitchen walls and ceiling..

An investigation carried out by Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Services validated that the blaze was caused from cooking left on the cooking area hob while the residents of the home were out of your home.

The remainder of the building was then aerated to remove the smoke that had spread to all parts of the home to lower additional damage.

Oxford Mail:

Event leader watch manager Nick Windsor commented: ” Thankfully the residential or commercial property had working smoke alarms, which informed the neighbours to the reality that there was a fire in the home and permitted them to call the fire service.

” If anyone had actually remained in the in the building at the time of the fire beginning it would have likewise alerted them early on enabling them to leave the building safely.”.

Find Out More