Meghan Markle and Harry: Expert discusses Prince Charles’ role
Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top Royal stories again.
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
The Prince of Wales has reportedly withdrawn his financial support for the mail service, which was provided to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by staff at Clarence House. Meghan and Harry, who live in California, are now scrambling to put new arrangements in place for the end of next month.
The move comes after Megxit was confirmed to be permanent, the Telegraph reported.
The Correspondence Section at Clarence House, Charles’ official residence, is made up of around four members of staff.
It has traditionally handled the Sussexes’ mail, as well as the Cambridges’ and Charles and Camilla’s.
Replies are sent to thousands of letters from well-wishers every month.
Meghan and Harry have been forced to search for a new UK address for well-wishers’ letters (Image: GETTY)
The Prince of Wales has reportedly withdrawn his financial support for the mail service provided to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by his team at Clarence House (Image: GETTY)
A source close to the Sussexes told the Telegraph new arrangements had not yet been sorted.
But they added that there was a Los Angeles address for Meghan and Harry’s Archewell Foundation on their website.
The couple are likely to receive a flood of letters when the former actress gives birth to their second child later this year.
Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, which airs next Sunday on US television network CBS, is also expected to prompt a flurry of correspondence.
Meghan and Harry, who live in California, are now scrambling to put new arrangements in place for the end of next month (Image: GETTY)
The Sussexes quit royal duties in March 2020.
Earlier this month, it was confirmed that they will not be returning as working royals.
Since ending royal duties, ex-Suits star Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, have set up home in California.
They have bought a sprawling mansion in Montecito where they are living with their young son Archie.
Prince Harry ‘reiterates promise to never embarrass’ Royal Family [INSIGHT]
Piers Morgan mocks Prince Harry in sarcastic attack on Duke [ANALYSIS]
Prince Harry breaks silence on The Crown as he defends Netflix show [VIDEO]
The Sussexes quit royal duties in March 2020 (Image: GETTY)
Their new careers outside of the monarchy include lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify to make shows and podcasts.
Meghan and Harry will open up about Megxit to Winfrey in their bombshell interview.
Harry already spoke about leaving the Royal Family during an appearance on The Late Late Show, which aired this week.
He told his friend James Cordon: “It was never walking away. It was stepping back rather than stepping down. It was a really difficult environment, as I think a lot of people saw.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: A romantic timeline (Image: EXPRESS)
“We all know what the British press can be like, and it was destroying my mental health. I was like ‘this is toxic’.”
Harry added: “So I did what any husband and what any father would do – I needed to get my family out of here.
“But we never walked away and as far as I’m concerned, whatever decisions are made on that side, I will never walk away.
“I will always be contributing, my life is public service, so wherever I am in the world it is going to be the same thing.”
Clarence House declined to comment.